High pressure piston accumulators are the ideal addition to your hydrostatic testing system to achieve precise and stable pressure control. These accumulators can be used as a reservoir of high pressure water to allow rapid pressurization cycles of your test article or they can be used in parallel with a test article to damp out pressure oscillations and mitigate overshoot or undershoot during a hydrostatic pressure test.
- Standard sizes available with charge volumes of 25, 50, or 100 cubic inches (0.4, 0.8, 1.6 liters) and custom designs to meet your exact requirements.
- Standard Service Pressures of 6,000, 10,000 and 20,000 psig (414, 689, 1379 bar).
- Custom orificing options to limit energy release and pressurization rates.
- All wetted metallic parts machined from 316L bar stock. Alternative materials include 17-4 PH and Inconel.
- Standard soft goods include PTFE backup rings, PTFE guide rings, and Buna-N T-Seals with PEEK backup rings. CTFE, Viton, or other materials available upon request.
- Fluid interface port options include SAE Female O-Ring Boss, AS5202 Female Boss, Medium Pressure Glands, High Pressure Glands, or NPT.
Disclaimer: Accumulators are designed in accordance with ASME code, however, these accumulators do not require ASME certification as they are less than 6” outer diameter, do not exceed 0.5 cubic feet of displacement, and they are not welded as defined in section U-1.